Who can vote in City of Takoma Park elections for Mayor and City Council?
Every resident of the City of Takoma Park who will be 16 years of age or older on election day is eligible to register and vote in City elections.
- A resident does not need to be a U.S. citizen to vote in an election for mayor and city council.
Election by Mail
The City Election will be conducted by mail. In the second week of October, registered voters will be mailed a ballot to be marked and returned to a secure ballot box or by US mail.
Prepare for the City of Takoma Park Election (and for the Presidential Election)
Most voter registration is handled by the Maryland State Board of Elections.
- The most important action you can take to prepare for these two elections is to confirm that you are registered at your current address in Takoma Park.
- If nothing has changed, and you have voted before at your address, you should be fine.
- If you have any doubt, or if you have moved in the past few years, confirm or update your registration right away.
If you are not registered, register now. Don’t wait!
Information on how to check your registration is available, visit: Registration and Voting Information on the City website or by contacting the City Clerk’s Office email: Clerk@takomaparkmd.gov
- Registered voters should receive a ballot in the mail by
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM Election day. (Takoma Park Drive-Through Vote Center for City Election open at the Takoma Park Community Center, 7500 Maple Avenue).